Hmmm.  I'm using BE 12.5 to do GRT backups of Exchange 2003 SP2 to a
B2D folder and I don't see the same thing.

I have IMG###### folders, not IMG files, and they obey the overwrite
protection settings for the appropriate media sets.

I also don't have .bdf files.  I have B2D######.bkf files.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the IMG folders contain the
snapshots of the Exchange store and the bkf files are everything else
if you're backing up the server as well.

What is the overwrite protection period on the media set or sets, and
what is your append period for the same?  Because of the nature of
what they are, I don't believe IMG folders are appendable, but I'm not
a BE guru.

Hope this helps some,

RS