From: Sean Martin [mailto:seanmarti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 12:53 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook 2007 Freezes

Good Morning,

Exchange 2003 SP2
Windows 2003 AD
Outlook 2007 SP1

A couple of days ago, the mailbox store and PF store on one of my mailbox
servers dismounted because our backup software flaked out and we ended up with
over 1008 uncommitted transaction logs. That in itself wasn't a big deal.
Re-mounted the stores, re-ran the backup, all is well.

During that time frame when the store was unavailable I only noticed one event
1022 indicating a logon failure for a specific mailbox. It's unclear whether
the user was actively working at the time or had just left Outlook open.
Anyway, the user is back in the office today and whenever he opens Outlook, it
freezes when he clicks on any of his mailbox folders. This occurs from multiple
PCs, as well as our Citrix environment. Safe mode results in the same behavior.
I tried running the /cleanprofile switch, no help. The user can access and
navigate his mailbox via OWA. It seems like there may be some type of
corruption involved. I'm inclined to try moving his mailbox to another store
but I was wondering if there were any other tips/tricks suggested from any of
you....

- Sean