From: Benjamin Zachary - Lists [mailto:li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:11 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange PF on cluster

Currently we have a 2007 active/passive cluster running on 2008 enterprise and
it works well. We have a front end server that has been doing hub transport
services with, the a/v and anti spam etc.

We have recently migrated over to a new spam/av product which is acting as an
smtp connector so all mail transactions are simply handed off from the front
end server to the connector and vice versa.

In our migration process I was asked about putting the Public Folders, which
were being stored there and not the cluster, so we can debate on getting rid of
that server entirely or converting it to vm, but basically get the public store
off it. I poked around and saw some different mentions of problems with doing
it, so wanted to know if anyone is doing it successfully.

Thanks