Boy, I haven't seen that one for a long time.  What version of Exchange
2003?  SP2?  IIRC Microsoft upped the max database size for Exchange 2003
Standard in SP2 from 16GB to 75GB, but you still had to modify the registry
to make it work.

A quick Google search brings up the following kb article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912375

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912375>HTH