Went through this at my former employer, only we were going from our Ex
2007 environment to their Ex 2003.

We did a pretty thorough evaluation of the Quest tools - they are VERY
nice and don't seem to miss anything.  Not cheap, but money was not the
primary concern in this case.

Our problem was time-to-implementation.  When a vacant suit says "do it
now" because he/she can't see another vacant suit's calendar - you don't
get a lot of time to work with scheduling professional services from
Quest.  Our sales rep told me that they will not sell the product
without Prof Services, and they needed 2-3 weeks to get someone on site,
so....

We went with Plan B which is not as elegant and involves the users more
heavily, but still works.  In the end, it probably took the same amount
of time, but a whole lot more work to do it the way we did, but we had
to give the empty suits some warm fuzzy feelings that we were getting on
it "right away".

<sigh>  Good times...good times.

Jim

Jim Holmgren