Do the people with delegates also receive their own meeting requests?

Check out:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/outlook-meeting-requests-essential-dos-and-donts-HA001127678.aspx

Specifically:
*Keep meetings from vanishing*     If you run Outlook on two computers and
accept a meeting while using one of them, don't delete the meeting request
from the Inbox on the other computer. If the request is still there, accept
it again. Deleting a request on one computer after accepting it on another
computer can cause the meeting to disappear from your calendar.

I always translate this tidbit for my end-users as "only one person should
be answering meeting requests". Multiple delegates, delegate and mailbox
owner, and delegate and/or handheld (blackberry, winmobile) all BAD!