Like Stu said, we needed to do this.  Three big reasons: a) access to capital
and resources, b) technology and c) new markets.

Running Sunbelt was like holding a tiger by the tail -- the growth was
phenomenal, but the stress on the business is sometimes very intense.  Remember
a few months back when our support went to hell because our antiquated phone
system couldn't handle the load?  That was all related to not enough investment
in our the right phone system.  Little things like this cause constant
headaches.  I needed the find a partner with deep pockets -- and GFI has very
deep pockets.  I could have gone with a venture capitalist, but there is a
whole lot of other risk that comes with that...   And the first thing they did
coming in here was start the process of buying a new phone system.  I like that.

On the technology side, you don't sit still in this business and last long.
VIPRE is top of class, but there is a lot to be done, still.  I need better
integration with MSP platforms, DLP technology, integrated patch and
vulnerability assessment -- and much more.  GFI already has a lot of these
technologies.  Another example is our mail strategy.  Many people are moving to
a SaaS model for email security.  I was being left out of the party, but now
GFI has their own SaaS platform.

Their access to new markets is also a major part of the transaction.  95% of
our sales were in North America.  That's not sustainable, as we needed to move
into international markets to sustain and grow the business.  Over 50% of GFI's
sales are international, and that's a big pickup for us.

Finally, the issue of culture:  GFI's culture is very similar to ours.  While
they have certainly had their issues in the past, the current CEO, Walter
Scott, has the same attitudes that I have about customer support, product
quality and taking care of the customer.  I have been very impressed with how
they run this business (and it's certainly a world different than what it was 2
years ago, before Scott and the new management team came in).

For our employees, it's a good thing. Out of 240 employees, there were only a
handful of redundant positions (less than 10).  The vast majority of employees
are here and continuing with the new organization.  The Tampa Bay location is
going to be growing into an even larger operation.

Stu is retiring, but as he'll tell you, he had already moved on prior to the
acquisition to focusing on writing his newsletters and had turned the majority
of his tasks over.  This gives him the opportunity to focus on what he really
enjoys -- writing and interacting with fellow admins.  He now gets to write
full time and will still happily kill any thread he doesn't like on the forum.
He's happy, I can tell you :-)

We had a number of suitors but chose GFI because we felt they would respect the
technology, our support and our culture.  And all of the key Sunbelt executives
are still here, myself included.  I am running the security business for GFI.
I expect things will get better, not worse.

Alex

Alex Eckelberry, CEO
Sunbelt Software, a GFI company
33 N. Garden Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33755 p: 727-562-0101 x220
e: a...@sunbeltsoftware.com<mailto:a...@sunbeltsoftware.com> MSN:
alex...@hotmail.com<mailto:alex...@hotmail.com>
Skype: alexeckelberry oovoo: alexeck
w: www.sunbeltsoftware.com<http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/> b: