Rob do you have any Ex2k7/2k3 servers around?
I ask because most of the public folder tools in Exchange 2010 have enough
issues with them where the recommendation now is to use the ex2k3/2k7 tools
to make modifications to folders on those servers and let the changes
replicate out to the E14 replicas.

Until till this is corrected in a future RU/SP you should just use the ESM
or the ex2k7 EMS/EMC to make the changes to the folders that reside on those
servers.

Thanks