I have 2007 servers left.  I don't have any 2003 servers left.

Attempting to mail enable the folder using the 2007 tools doesn't work, either.

From: Tom Kern [mailto:tpk...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:01 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Public Folders and Decommssioning 2003 and PSS

Rob do you have any Ex2k7/2k3 servers around?
I ask because most of the public folder tools in Exchange 2010 have enough
issues with them where the recommendation now is to use the ex2k3/2k7 tools to
make modifications to folders on those servers and let the changes replicate
out to the E14 replicas.

Until till this is corrected in a future RU/SP you should just use the ESM or
the ex2k7 EMS/EMC to make the changes to the folders that reside on those
servers.

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Campbell, Rob
<rob_campb...@centraltechnology.net<mailto:rob_campb...@centraltechnology.net>>
wrote:
I've got a similar situation, although not as severe.

I'm not having the delivery failures, but I cannot mail-enable a legacy public
folder.   Existing public folders that were mail-enabled before the Servers
container was deleted still get email, but any of them that were not mail
enabled fail on trying to create the proxy object in AD if you try to mail
enable them.

If I create a new public folder, I can mail enable that.