Hello,

I believe I already know the answer to this question, but I would like to
bounce this off some more intelligent individuals about Exchange than I. We
have an Exchange 2010 Resource forest (not my idea) and have no GAL sync
utility (not my idea either) to sync between the forests. When we move a
mailbox from an Exchange 2003 Forest to the Exchange 2010 forest and a user
from the Exchange 2003 forest tries to send an e-mail to the same mailbox that
has been moved to the Exchange 2010 resource forest, it does not work. When
they send the e-mail, the auto-complete resolves the e-mail address to the
Exchange Organization that they used to be a member and that is why the message
fails. Until the user deletes that old auto complete entry and then types in
the full e-mail address of the moved mailbox, only then can they send a
message. My question is would a GAL sync utility take care of this issue? If a
GAL sync utility would not resolve this, is there any other known way to get
around this? I have users complaining about this and I knew that I would. Just
trying to convince non-technical management on the best course of action to
resolve this.

Chris Pohlschneider
Holloway Sportswear
Network Administrator