From: Steve Hart [mailto:sh...@wrightbg.com]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 5:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OAB and GAL Entries

The answer is to add the X500 address to the new user account.

The data you need is in the bounced email.

I struggled a lot with the proper formatting of the address, but this format is
working for a sample user:
o=wright+20business+20graphics_ou=wbgkent_cn=recipients_cn=bwilli...@wrightbg.com<mailto:o=wright+20business+20graphics_ou=wbgkent_cn=recipients_cn=bwilli...@wrightbg.com>
The +20 signifies a space. Note the underscores.

Note that AFAIK these bounces only apply to internal users. Outlook caches SMTP
addresses for external users, so outside people send email in to your users
just fine. Since the problem only affects internal users, another solution is
to manually delete the address entries in their Outlook, if you only had a few
senders with a few problems.

Another ugly solution is to delete or rename the Outlook .nk2 file, but then
the user will lose all Outlook cached addresses, which usually isn't acceptable.

Steve Hart
Network Administrator
503.491.4343 -Direct | 503.492.8160 - Fax