I'm stumped here.  Trying to simply create an alias so usern...@psnet.com will
forward to usern...@bellsouth.net, for example.  I'm from a unix mailserver
background and this is beyond extremely simple there.  Alas, it seems not in
Exchange (2007) (well maybe it is and im just too much of a noob).

Ok, so I go into Recipient Configuration -> Mail Contact.  I create a contact
for this user with SMTP:usern...@bellsouth.net as the external email address.

I then go into Recipient Configuration -> Mailbox.  New mailbox.  User mailbox.
New user. Fill out details (by the way, the username will be different for each
address, lets say un...@psnet.com should go to usern...@bellsouth.net)

Now in Mail Flow settings, Delivery Options, Check Forward, select the contact
that was made earlier.

This works great if I send email to this box from within the Exchange
organization, but any external user sending mail in gets a 550 User Unknown.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Phillip Partipilo
Parametric Solutions Inc.