Hello everyone -

We're testing Exchange hosted services for archive via FOPE. Their
documentation strongly recommends using a dedicated smtp connector for
their archive address space to get the Journal mailbox traffic to
them. I set up a send connector pointing at the given archive
namespace, and set my Edge server as the source server. (This is all
Exchange 2007.)

Mail queued up on my hubs - with a next hop destination of my new
connector, untill we created a connector from my hubs to the edge
_with the same specific archive address space_.

I expected the old & well used * address space conn to get the journal
email to my Edge, and then the specific address space to shoot
straight at the Microsoft Archive name space - but it didn't,
apparently. My question is - if you're going to set up a specific
connector for a specific external address space, do you have to create
it all the way thru your org? i.e. like we did - one conn from Hub to
Edge with the specific address space, and then the one from Edge to
that spacific address space on the outside?

Thanks all!