From: Bill Egan [mailto:william.e...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 5:42 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Specific connectors for specific address spaces

Let me try to clarify (but I may only muddy the waters...)

We have a Send Connector that gets all outbound mail from our HT boxes to our
ET boxes (source servers are the HTs address space is * and the smarthost
target is the ET) and another send connector that moves it from the ET to the
internet (source is ETs and smarthost target is mail.messaging.microsoft.com
(we use EHS/FOPE for outbound as well.) If we take away the HT-->ET send
connector, mail flow breaks.  So the first question is *should* we have to have
a Send Connector to move the mail from HT internal to the ET in DMZ segment, or
should it move automagically since its all between exchange servers?

If we DO need this HT-->ET send connector, then we would need to create the
specific connectors the same way every time, I would think.
 1 to get @example.com from HT-->ET and another to get @example.com from ET to
wherever (maybe a specific smarthost.)

If one should not need the send connector to get the mail from HT to ET, what
are we doing wrong?  (that we've been doing wrong for
years...)

thanks,
bill