Ask your companies lawyer.  This is not something new.  There are several
companies who have to maintain voicemail / phone records for specific
individuals.

If it exists, it can be discoverable.  Make sure you have an appropriate
records retention policy and follow it.  If it says you keep something 7
days, then make sure it's gone on day 8.

However the one simple answer is, if it's in your users mailbox, then it's
most likely discoverable.