From: Troy Werelius [mailto:troy_werel...@lucid8.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:04 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: exporting ALL mailboxes to PST's

Michael, would the "DAG I/O issue" you mention be a concern if you used a third
party utility like Kroll PC or Lucid8's DigiScope (DS) to do the export?   I
would tend to think not if you ran DS from a member machine since it would
extract the information over MAPI but thought I would check to ensure I am
correct in my thinking since we have the ability to do exports of entire
databases or large groups of mailboxes.

Granted that we recommend that customer to do so from an offline version of the
database in order to avoid any type of impact to production server and users
but your comment about log shipping on DAGs made me wonder about the impact of
doing a mass export against a live server even with a 3rd party product

Thanks

Troy C. Werelius
Lucid8, LLC
troy_werel...@lucid8.com<mailto:troy_werel...@lucid8.com>
425.456.8499
Monday-Friday 8AM to 6PM PST

[http://www.lucid8.com/images/L8SIC3.jpg]<http://www.lucid8.com/>

- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.