Not sure thats the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the
truth......

There are some specific exceptions for Exchange in Virtual.

1) Mixing Database Availability Groups and VMWare availability tools
(e.g. HA) is not supported. I guess the issue is that the database may
fail over while the machine is being migrated. See the blog some one
else has just posted. This makes designing a supported solution
"interesting" because it would be nice to have your "Live/production"
database server in a VMWare cluster for hardware resilience and have a
second standby server on another site for disaster recovery. This is
unsupported.

To be supported you must put TWO virtual servers in the local VMWare
farm and exclude them from HA and have a third at your disaster recovery
site.

2) The Unified Messaging role is not supported in virtual.

Dave Wade
Business Services I.C.T.
0161 474 5456