I've spent some time searching for a good way to do this using exchange and
have not found a solution yet.

I have client with a SBS 2003 server and Outlook 2003-07 and needs the
ability to have employees send from multiple email address/domains.

The only solution that I have been able to think of is setup an SMTP/POP3
server in front of exchange and have all emails forward to exchange.   From
Outlook setup POP3 accounts for each email address to pull from the POP3
server (nothing would ever be stored on the POP3 server just forwarded on)
 but send from exchange.  This type of setup seems way to overly
complicated.

Is there a better way to handle sending from multiple domains from exchange?

Thanks

Matt