Depending on what you want the product to do, I continue to have very good
success with a product called Vamsoft ORF.
It doesn't filter based on the content, but where the messages are coming from,
using directory harvest detection, blacklists (if you like), recipient
validation and a honey pot.

I deployed it on one client who is now receiving in excess of 1 million
messages a day, which it process, less than 7,000 are legitimate. That is
almost a rounding error for 100% spam.

Screenshot of the numbers from last year, showing just 700,000 a day.
http://blog.sembee.co.uk/post/Truly-Spectacular-Results-from-Vamsoft-ORF.aspx

I have repeated the effectiveness of that product on multiple sites.

With that particularly client, we are now using a dedicated SQL database and
two Windows 2003 servers as SMTP gateways. The licences were going spare
following a recent upgrade. Running in three virtual machines.
When it went live, the users noticed and actually called the support team to
ask if email was working correctly, as it cut the spam off with immediate
effect. For something costing less than $250, it paid for itself very quickly
in the reduction in the bandwidth that was required to process the messages.

However as with all anti-spam solutions, what works for site A, may not work
for site B.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: si...@sembee.co.uk
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://www.amset.info/
w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with the iPhone?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $26.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/

Exchange Resources: http://exbpa.com/