Or...

Assuming you're using Exchange 2007/2010, just enable their AD account as a
MailUser in Exchange (with an ExternalEmailAddress/targetAddress of...well,
whatever primary email address they use), and give them FullAccess mailbox
permission and Send-As/GrantSendOnBehalfTo to whichever mailboxes they need to
manage.  The user should then be able to open the mailbox(es) using Outlook
and/or using OWA by going to https://exchange.fqdn/owa/managedu...@domain.com/.

---
Seth