Interesting... but yeah, no thanks.

Less is more!

Thanks for the info.

From: Webster [mailto:carlwebs...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:47 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outlook 2007 Cached Exchange Mode Best Practice

It is now supported in Outlook 2010 for TS/RDS/Citrix servers but I
would not recommend it.

Webster

From: David Mazzaccaro [mailto:david.mazzacc...@hudsonmobility.com]

The only scenario where we don't use cached mode is for Citrix users.

From: Tu, Kevin [mailto:k...@ccscorporation.ca]

Hello,

It seems turning on Outlook 2007 Cached Exchange Mode is a best
practice.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/best-practices-for-outloo
k-2007-HA010371521.aspx

The first step in following these best practices is to set up a system
to optimize how you use Outlook 2007. It is considered best practice to
have the following: ... Cached Exchange Mode turned on.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/01/15/432199.aspx

Outlook 2007 in Cached Mode is important for reducing server I/O as much
as 70% over Exchange 2003. The initial mailbox sync is an expensive
operation, but over time, as the mailbox size grows, the disk subsystem
burden is shifted from the Exchange server to the Outlook client.

We have 2000+ Outlook 2007 clients with half laptops and half desktops.
Are there any considerations or side effects if we turn on Cached
Exchange Mode companywide?

.