Hello,

It seems turning on Outlook 2007 Cached Exchange Mode is a best practice.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/best-practices-for-outlook-2007-HA010371521.aspx
The first step in following these best practices is to set up a system to
optimize how you use Outlook 2007. It is considered best practice to have the
following: ... Cached Exchange Mode turned on.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/01/15/432199.aspx
Outlook 2007 in Cached Mode is important for reducing server I/O as much as 70%
over Exchange 2003. The initial mailbox sync is an expensive operation, but
over time, as the mailbox size grows, the disk subsystem burden is shifted from
the Exchange server to the Outlook client.

We have 2000+ Outlook 2007 clients with half laptops and half desktops. Are
there any considerations or side effects if we turn on Cached Exchange Mode
companywide?

Thanks,
Kevin

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of
the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return
email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it
and destroy any copies
immediately.
CCS Corporation and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views
expressed in the email or for the consequences of any malicious code that may
be transmitted with this email.
This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced,
adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.

CCS-06-01-2009