Having already engaged in some support I can say first hand they are as good as
the Sunbelt support staff was (which is saying a lot) and I feel good about it
going forward.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Eckelberry [mailto:al...@sunbelt-software.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:44 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: SEA no longer Sunbelt

SEA was an OEM'd version of the Metalogix archiver (PAM for Exchange).   The
story behind our doing this is that we were working on our own archiver (based
off of Ninja), but after months of development of our own, I felt that
ultimately we were going to need to partner on this product.  The amount of
work required to make a best-in-class archiving product is quite significant.

So partnering with the Metalogix folks made quite a bit more sense in this
instance than doing it ourselves.  The product is outstanding, and we really
liked the Metalogix team (back then, it was called H&S Software).

After the GFI acquisition, it was determined that SEA was better back in the
hands of Metalogix.  They will be supporting the product going forward.

I will say that it does, actually, benefit the end-user more to deal directly
with the original developer in an OEM relationship. I saw this with Metalogix,
where they would put out builds to customers that we still hadn't finished
running through our own test process.

The support should be excellent.  If it's not, let me know directly. I am good
friends with a number of folks over there, and will always be happy to jump in
and lend a hand.

Ultimately, I really do believe this is in the best interests of all the
parties -- for GFI, for Metalogix, and certainly, for the customers.

Alex Eckelberry
General Manager, Security Business Unit
GFI Software, Inc. (formerly Sunbelt Software)
33 N. Garden Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33755
p: 919-297-1347  f: 727-562-5199
e: al...@gfi.com MSN: alex...@hotmail.com
Skype: alexeckelberry oovoo: alexeck
w: www.sunbeltsoftware.com b: www.sunbeltblog.com