From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:30 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2010 - mapiexceptionshutoffquotaexceeded message when
trying to move mailbox

I need to investigate.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Maglinger, Paul [mailto:pmaglin...@scvl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:24 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
trying to move mailbox

No.  I kept the user on the Exchange 2010 box and deleted everything in the
Recover Deleted Items.  Now I've got a problem where the user has a mailbox on
each of the 2 Exchange 2003 servers (where I tried to move them while trying to
figure this out).  I ran cleanup which gave the me the red X on the box, but
when I try to purge I get "The operation cannot be performed because this
mailbox was already reconnected to an existing user".  This is on both the
Exchange 2003 servers.  I did some Googling and see that the way to correct
this is to export everything from his mailbox into a PST, then remove all the
Exchange attributes from his account, which should then allow me to purge the
mailbox(es).  I can then re-create the mailbox and import the PST into the
mailbox.  Is that about it or is there another method?