verily, verily.

Jonathan Link wrote:
Keep any Exchange thread going long enough, MBS will notice and set everyone straight... :-)

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Michael B. Smith <mich...@smithcons.com <mailto:mich...@smithcons.com>> wrote:

    Works as designed.

    IIS still has a valid ticket with the old password. Bounce IIS or
    recycle the app pool and it’ll stop working.

    Regards,

    Michael B. Smith

    Consultant and Exchange MVP

    http://TheEssentialExchange.com <http://theessentialexchange.com/>

    *From:* Bill Songstad [mailto:bsongs...@gmail.com
    <mailto:bsongs...@gmail.com>]
    *Sent:* Monday, March 07, 2011 2:13 PM

    *To:* MS-Exchange Admin Issues
    *Subject:* activesync on iphone still syncing after password change

    I have a user that forgot their password after a few weeks of
    using the password.  Couldn't log into OWA manually, but their
    iphone was able to send and receive fine with the cached
    password.  We reset the password on the domain.  User logs in to
    OWA using the new password.  Does not change the password on
    iphone.  Now the user is sending from OWA and the iphone.  Two
    passwords.  One account.  Success both ways.  My knowledge tells
    me this is impossible.  My eyes tell me otherwise.  Could this
    just be the old activesync "session"?  or is something horribly
    wrong?  or another option more likely?

    as always, thanks for any assistance,

    -Bill

    <mailto:listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com>