I would recommend that you not allow it.  Not because of Exchange, but
because of an unknown issue you may have with some other mail
system/filter.  Quotes of any kind can be particularly difficult because of
how they are used inherently in script-based apps.

I would err on the side of caution and not introduce anything that may
sporadically be problematic.

--
ME2