On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Micheal Espinola Jr
<michealespin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  According to Google, that's a feature.  Their take is they didn't
>> want b.scott@ and bscott@ being two different recipients -- too easily
>> confused or used in a social engineering attack.
>
> I think its a smart move on their part.  Violating the spec of not ...

  As far as I know, Google is not violating any spec.  The RFCs do not
require every mailbox name to be a unique person, and indeed,
specifically allow for other approaches.  I just checked, and even
RFC-5322, the latest on the Internet email format, still has this
classic remark:

        For example, some sites may choose to print mail on a printer
        and deliver the output to the addressee's desk.

-- Ben