I'm struggling a little with Jetstress and how to run it to get a
"real-world" test of Exchange performance.

If I run the mailbox test with an IOPS profile of 0.2 and 500 mailboxes
each of 100mb (smallish LUN just to do some quick testing) I get:

Database Sizing and Throughput

Achieved Transactional I/O per Second

135.2

Target Transactional I/O per Second

100

Initial Database Size (bytes)

90580779008

Final Database Size (bytes)

90689830912

Database Files (Count)

1

But if I run the performance test I'm seeing this:

Database Sizing and Throughput

Achieved Transactional I/O per Second

1374.757

Capacity Percentage

100%

Throughput Percentage

100%

Initial Database Size (bytes)

86008987648

Final Database Size (bytes)

90580779008

Database Files (Count)

1

So naturally I'm a little confused on how to get "real-world" figures in
and out of it?

The array is a HP P4000 24x600gb 15k SAS iSCSI SAN.  It's not solely
dedicated to Exchange but the point is that it's not slow in terms of
throughput or IOPS so I suspect the problem is with what I'm telling
Jetstress to do.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Paul

--
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.