From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:37 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Mitigating outsourced Exchange performance

We recently outsourced Exchange (we're at 400+ users) and are adjusting to the
responsiveness difference.  For those that have outsourced, what kinds of
things have you guys done to improve the performance? In our main office of
~250 employees we have 75+MBps download/upload speed (yes we're blessed with a
big pipe).

Issues reported:

1)      Big lags (45 seconds+ ) on loading others' calendars to view,
especially if scheduling a meeting with 5+ others

2)      E-mail sits in the outbox for minutes

3)      Minutes for an e-mail to come in

The joyous part is it's not 100% across-the-board like this for everyone. I'm
working on narrowing down if there's a common theme of thousands of messages in
their inbox, dozens of inbox folders, etc. I found this
LINK<http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/12/17/3404552.aspx> which
looks helpful but would like to hear your guys' opinions as well.

TIA,
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 503.548.5229 // (Cell) 503.267.9764

or send an email to