A great tool to help figure out the mtu issues is mturoute. It can be
found here:

http://www.elifulkerson.com

and some tips about using it here:

http://blog.ioshints.info/search?q=mturoute

The Mxtoolbox is pretty great, but caveat with their new beta all-in-one
tool.  At least as of last week it seems to have some bugletts
specifically with dns reverse lookups.

Sounds like I should be glad we're not outsourcing Exchange (yet!).

~JasonG