From: Holstrom, Don [mailto:dholst...@nbm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 11:40 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Do I do this on our Exchange 2007 system? Or where? In our DNS set-up?

This is from our Convio e-mailers, they are being blocked in sending some of
our e-mails. They said we needed to do this. I work with two other firms using
external e-mails, no problem. I don't agree, but...

How do SPF records need to be set up for an organization using Convio?
The "From" address in email marketing sent from Convio will typically use an
Internet domain owned by the Convio client in question. To pass a Sender ID
check, SPF records which
identify Convio as a legitimate source of email need to be published by each
client in the DNS for each domain they use in "From" lines in email marketing.
Determining what the complete SPF policy should be for a domain is a matter for
each organization's IT team; however, Convio offers the following guidance:
IF your organization operates its own office email server AND Convio is the
only service that sends email on your organization's behalf, then the following
SPF record will meet
your needs:
v=spf1 +mx +include:outboundmail.convio.net ?all
An SPF-based spam filter will translate this as: "Servers specifically allowed
to send mail are (i) our inbound mail server(s), and (ii) Convio's servers. For
mail from any other source, treat
it as if this SPF record was never published."

or send an email to