All, we are looking to update AD with Exchange 2k10 SP1 schema. We have
already performed the R2 schema update followed by the Ex2k7 SP2 schema
update so the rangeupper attribute of ms-exch-schema-version-pt is 14622
(same as Ex2k10 RTM) last year. Theres currently a mix of Ex2k3 and Ex2k7
servers in the Exch org.

Questions:
a. if we currently have Exchange 2k7 SP1 servers, before we extend the
Ex2k10 SP1 schema we will need to bring all fo them up to at least SP2 level
(SP3 is preferred but according to this article SP2 seems th minimum
requirement for coexistence, correct?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638158.aspx

b. Any adverse effect bringing the schema directly from 14622 to 14726
(EX2k10 SP1) without updating it to Ex2k7 SP3 first? Will this affect
existing Ex2k7 SP1 servers later on when they need to update Exchange 2k7 ?
I understand schema update & updating Exchange versions are two separate
beasts but want to confirm.

Brian Desmond has summed it up well here, basically saying that unless all
Ex2k7/Ex2k3 servers are removed there wont be any problems adding new nodes
in.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/d60ea3f9-9e38-4725-a08c-eb06cb099937/
Just
looking for someone who has done this.