>From the information I know you will need to upgrade to SP2/3 eventually if
>you wish co-existence with Exchange 2010.   The schema change made into your
>Forest/domain by running Exchange 2010 "setup" on a 64 bit DC may or may not
>impact your current Exchange 2007 SP1 installation but why take the chance.
>Be careful about Exchange SP upgrades in 2007 if you have high availability
>(SCR CCR) database servers; there are very well documented procedures for
>putting on SP's and you need to follow them if you wish to avoid data loss.

I have heard that it is advantageous to run 2007 SP3 when using Exchange 2010
but have yet to find out exactly why.  If you are upgrading anyway I have found
SP3 to be stable in our environment. Please be sure to put on the latest rollup
and also run OS updates too.

Steven Alfano
Sr. Systems Administrator
The Rockefeller University