Turns out it is a Trojan:Exploit:Win32/CVE-2009-3129, at least thats what
the antivirus said (the one running on Exchange) the one on the local
computer hasnt seen anything...

Still dont get how this email could have been sent without the user knowing
it.

the user is alone in his office so he's saying no chance someone sent the
email from his computer.

Checked the mailbox rights, there are a couple of security groups for our IT
folks that have full mailbox access, but i assume  they would not do that :)