Company A - Exchange 2003 with Barracuda
Company B - Exchange 2003 SBS relying on connection filter black lists.

A owns B and has VPN connection between.  A would like to change B's MX
to point to A's Barracuda for better spam/virus filtering, then have
Barracuda deliver mail directly to B's server over VPN.  This has
already been tested to work.

Need to verify if setting up an SMTP connector on A's server to point to
B's server for internal mail delivery is required.  I'm thinking it
would be because I could see issues with A's server trying to deliver
email to B's and having to loop out to it's own IP and come back through
the Barracuda.

Outbound from B would still go out their IP and it shouldn't be a big
deal for mail flow back to A to go through the net like normal.

I've googled for some examples of this but all I can find are examples
of setting up a trust relationship between domains and I don't want to
do that.