From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:28 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Installing 2010 in existing 2003 environment

Probably a stupid question but one which I can't find a definitive answer to.

We're running Exchange 2003.  I've setup the new build for our new Exchange
2010 server (combined roles) and have ran the ExBPA and it's clean.

I'm following the guide here
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exdeploy2010/default.aspx#Index and it
doesn't make it clear whether I need/should install each role one at a time, or
just click the "Typical Exchange Server Installation" option?

Also that guide doesn't appear to say anything about the various schema/forest
updates, which seems a little odd to say the least?

Thanks,
Paul
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

or send an email to