Usually dismounting and remounting does the trick.  You might try sending an
email to one of the mailboxes in the database to see if that speeds it up.

-Andy

From: Fetcie, Brian [mailto:fetc...@canton.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:31 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange passive node initializing

Hi folks,

We have an Exchange 2007 SP3 CCR cluster.  Today I had to perform a number of
firmware upgrades to the passive node's storage array.  Prior to the upgrades I
suspended the storage group copy through the EMC on the passive node.  Once I
completed the firmware upgrades and had the storage array back online I tried
resuming the storage group copy, again through the EMC on the passive node. The
copy status for the storage groups briefly reported Healthy and then switched
to Initializing, which is where they have remained after 30+ minutes.  I tried
dismounting/remounting a rarely used database but its storage group remained at
Initializing.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

or send an email to

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The information transmitted in this message is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this document. Thank you.

Butler Schein Animal Health