30MB Limit with a Biscom transfer appliance and AD policies that send anything
larger through it automatically, no mailbox limits.

-----Original Message-----
From: Young, Darren [mailto:darren.yo...@chicagobooth.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:40 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Best Practices for Attachment Size Limits

We have a 20MB attachment limit and an Accellion FTA to securely transfer files
larger than that. Biggest problem: MIME overhead. People say "you said it's
20MB but it won't go through". So, we have to explain that depending on the
type of file even an 18MB Excel might surpass 20MB with MIME overhead.

We have 2GB mailbox quota limits.

This e-mail, including attachments, contains information that is
confidential and may be protected by attorney/client or other privileges.
This e-mail, including attachments, constitutes non-public information
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including
attachments, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify me by e-mail reply and delete
the original message and any attachments from your system.