As far as the Edge server, I've heard it both ways - one NIC, or two.  If we do
go with just one NIC, which is publically facing, how do you setup routing to
get that traffic inside the firewall to the HT?

>>> "Michael B. Smith" <mich...@smithcons.com> 9/8/2011 7:04 PM >>>
Nothing obvious, but the devil is in the details.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Heaton [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:21 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Setting up Exchange environment

Please bear with me on this one, I'm checking my sanity as much as anything
else:

We are moving from Groupwise to Exchange.  I have my Exchange 2010 environment
setup (mostly).  Here's how we're setup:

DMZ:

1)  Edge Server for actual mail traffic.  Our Edge server has 2 NICs.  One
public IP, one internal IP.  Edgesync is running to the internal IP.

2)  TMG - will be used for OWA/Activesync access.   *** Yes, I know I could
have had Edge role installed on the TMG box, but the TMG box is already
production, and we didn't during initial install.***

Internal:

1)  3 MB servers, setup in a DAG, with each server containing one database,
plus one copy of another server.

2)  2 HT/CAS servers, CAS using Microsoft Load Balancing for that role.

We have a wildcard cert that we're going to use for OWA/Activesync.

What I don't have setup yet:

1)  TMG policy/listener for OWA.  I need an IP for this, don't have one yet.

2)  Send and receive connectors.  We're going to be accepting mail for multiple
mail domains, and I have that setup under Accepted Domains, but I haven't got
the connectors yet.  We're required to accept from/send to a specific third
party system (FOPE).  I still need the specific IPs that will be used for that.

I've tested internally, and it works fine, however OWA access is giving me a
cert issue.  I think it's not a "trusted" CA... we can iron that out pretty
easily, I think.

I can't test externally, as I don't have the external IPs yet, so it's a great
unknown at this point.

Question:

Am I missing anything?  I think I may be too deep in this, and I'm worried that
I've overlooked something major.

Thanks,

Joe