From: Jay Dale [mailto:jd...@unetek.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook Anywhere gets reconfigured

Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.  I have a client using Exchange 2010 running Outlook
Anywhere.  They use Outlook 2007 primarily.  They also use Citrix Presentation
4.0 to run Outlook.  Everything was running fine until Saturday they said, and
then they started getting the error "There is a problem with the proxy server's
security certificate.  The name on the security certificate is invalid or does
not match the name of the target site SERVERNAME."  Their certificate is valid
and has been working fine in Outlook Anywhere for a while now, so I went and
looked at the Exchange proxy settings for one user on the Citrix server logged
in as that user.

When I pull it up, the first line now says https://SERVERNAME rather than
https://office.domain.com like it's supposed to.  The next line says
msstd:office.domain.com like it's supposed to.  Somehow that first line has
changed throughout the organization.  I went into the shell and made sure the
External URL settings were correct and Get-OutlookAnywhere shows the
office.domain.com as listed as the External proxy server name.

My question is this - we can go manually to each user, log in Citrix as that
user, change their mail profile manually so it points to office.domain.com the
way its supposed to, and they start working again.  But there are 300 users and
we can't manually do each one.  So how did it change in the first place and
what's the best way to change it companywide?

Thanks for any assistance!

Jay

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Dale
Senior Systems Administrator
Unetek, Inc.
Phone: 281.574.2414
Email:jd...@unetek.com<mailto:jd...@unetek.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or
the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended
recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of
this message.

or send an email to