Regarding the Two groups, how do you associate permissions to the Admins and
what do you use the Company Security group for?

Sorry for so many questions.

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: 13 December 2011 17:35
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Hosting with SP2.

Assume a domain: example.local; also known as dc=example, dc=local. NetBIOS
name of domain is EXAMPLE.

Create a OU named Hosting; also known as ou=hosting, dc=example, dc=local

For each company, create an OU subordinate to Hosting. For example, Company1,
Company2, etc.  Example:

                Ou=Company1, ou=hosting, dc=example, dc=local
                Ou=Company2, ou=hosting, dc=example, dc=local

Each company requires a unique prefix as well as a unique domain.

In each company OU, create a group for users in that company and a group for
admins in that company. Populate them as you create users and/or admins.

Within each company OU, you can create a user named John Smith. So you can have

                CN=John Smith, ou=Company1, ou=hosting, dc=example, dc=local
                CN=John Smith, ou=Company2, ou=hosting, dc=example, dc=local

Etc.

The unique prefix is used to create the Exchange Alias and the sAMAccountName.
Typically, they are arbitrary. So, for Company1, let's call the prefix C1. For
Company2, C2.

So, John Smith of Company1 has the following attributes:
                Name: John Smith
                sAMAccountName: C1_JSmith
                Exchange Alias: C1_JSmith
                UPN: jsm...@company1.com<mailto:jsm...@company1.com>
                Etc.etc.

For John Smith of Company2, replace the C1 with a C2, and company1.com with
company2.com.

Get it?

Regards,

Michael B. Smith