You got it - these records are a result of DCs saying "I am
authoritative for this site" (whether as a result of being located in
the site, or by being close to the site if it has no DCs).  The actual
subnet-to-site mappings only live in AD, and "nltest /dsgetdc" is the
best way to confirm that a client knows its site.  If you have some
clients with no site, they will appear in windows\debug\netlogon.log
on the DC.

--Steve