On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 18:58, Richard Stovall <rich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you telnet directly to Exchange from inside your firewall and send a
> message to jd...@example.com manually?

Here's where it gets curious...

BTW, I used blat, cause it's easier, and made sure it came from my
address, so any NDR would end up in my mailbox - and indeed I got one.

Below are the command line, output and full NDR. However, this is the
most relevant output:
assistance, contact your system administrator.
            <zxch.example.com #5.7.1>

Kurt

----------Begin Blat command----------
blat dummy.txt -subject "test from Kurt via blat" -to
jd...@example.com -f kb...@example.com -server zxch.example.com -d
-debug
----------End Blat command----------