Thank you.  I have been fairly certain that a PSS call is in my future ever
since this showed up (right after I switched them out of cached mode, which
had its own issues...)  I don't see any trouble spots in server logs or
performance, and other things seem to be working well.

Out of curiosity, did recreating the mailboxes work for your client?

Thanks