Let's start with the most common culprit. Cached mode, is it on?

________________________________
From: Dana J. Scott [d...@sutinfirm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:56 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook clients stopped getting updates to GAL

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2007.  Last week we noticed that our Outlook clients are
no longer getting the latest GAL.  Users don’t get any error messages in
Outlook – when we manually do the send/receive to download the address book,
outlook says “copying offline address book details file” and then it closes and
says the task is complete.  The GAL is getting updated – we see new users in
Outlook Web App, just not in Outlook.  This happened to us once before soon
after rolling out exchange 2010, and the problem was that authenticated users
did not have read and execute permissions on C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\OAB\web.config (and no idea
how that got changed because it worked fine for a few weeks before it quit) but
that is not the issue this time.  Can anyone suggest any other possible
causes/cures?  I’m still new at exchange 2010 and sure do appreciate the great
information and resources on this list.  Thanks

Dana

or send an email to