Why would you delete a certificate that wasn't causing any problems and wasn't
causing you any harm? :-P

The easiest thing to do is just "new-exchangeCertificate".  Or you can change
the certificate name and then restart MSExchangeTransport.

From: Al Rose [mailto:arose...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:33 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Default Exchange certificate deleted and replaced by SAN purchased one

Hi,

Since i have enabled IMAP,POP,IIS and SMTP to use our SAN certificate we just
purchased, i decided we no longer the Default Self-Signed certificate created
during Exchnage installation.

Now i am getting he following error logs:

Microsoft Exchange could not find a certificate that contains the domain name
REMCORPEXCH10.corp.local in the personal store on the local computer.
Therefore, it is unable to support the STARTTLS SMTP verb for the connector
Default REMCORPEXCH10 with a FQDN parameter of REMCORPEXCH10.corp.local. If the
connector's FQDN is not specified, the computer's FQDN is used. Verify the
connector configuration and the installed certificates to make sure that there
is a certificate with a domain name for that FQDN. If this certificate exists,
run Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services SMTP to make sure that the Microsoft
Exchange Transport service has access to the certificate key.

I have checked the Receive Connectors (Default ones)  and they all have the
FQDN of the Exchange servers set under the General tab - Specify the FQDN this
connector will provide in response to HELO or EHLO.

What is it i need to do? Recreate a self-signed certificate for the FQDN
computer name or change the FQDN to
webmail.contoso.com<http://webmail.contoso.com> which is what our cert is
signed for?

or send an email to