Mailbox security changes do not replicate urgently; the mailbox
security descriptor is just an ordinary attribute as far as AD is
concerned.

The default intersite replication interval is still a comical 180
minutes, although most orgs reduce it to the 15-minute minimum that
the GUI will allow.  However, this still can be improved upon
significantly.  And it can also be worsened significantly with wonky
AD designs that require many hops to get a change fully propagated.

I've no idea how long Exchange might cache mailbox security settings.

--Steve