*RTFM*

Sigh.

-ArchiveTargetDatabase.

Obviously. I can see why they've done that, mind you.

From: Sobey, Richard A
Sent: 17 December 2012 17:21
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Can't move personal archive to specific database

Hi all,

Exchange 2010 SP2 RU3. I'm trying to move just my archive to a new database.
When I created the archive, I was allowed to choose which database it was
stored on.

But, what's the problem with this? I'd have thought it a perfectly reasonable
thing to try to do:

[PS] C:\scripts\ps>New-MoveRequest username -ArchiveOnly -TargetDatabase db054
You can't specify the TargetDatabase and ArchiveOnly parameters together.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument:
(username:MailboxOrMailUserIdParameter) [], RecipientTaskException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 2971C593

In future, if I wanted to move all personal archives to databases/servers
specifically designed to host archives, this isn't possible without moving the
mailbox too, then moving the mailbox back? (It is allowed to specify the
TargetDatabase parameter with PrimaryOnly.)

Or, is Microsoft assuming that you must allow the MRS to choose an appropriate
database based on the provisioning settings configured?

Cheers

Richard