Dear friends ssa.A few days back,I shared a story with u. Such experiences,may 
be very close to my heart,but mates,there is every possibility,that you may 
find them,too boring.But guys,u will agree with me that it is the friends 
only,who can always be taken as granted,and one can take the liberty of opening 
one's heart in front of them.So once again thanx for tolerating me,as I am 
going to narrate another touching experience.
             Before narrating this story,I want to make clear that my aim is  
not to belittle anyone's achievements.

                      It was an extremely hot afternoon of the summer of 
1999.It was lunch time at my workplace.Normally we close all counters,at my lab 
for 20 mins.,for lunch.The staff is cooperative enough,to finish off the 
meal,as early as possible and the customers also do not mind waiting for 10-15 
mins,during the lunch break.I was watching a cricket match(may be from 99 world 
cup),in my cabin.Suddenly someone entered in my cabin,and politely said,"Good 
afternoon sir"..I switched off the idiot box,to attend him.He was a very 
handsome,smart,good looking,well dressed young man, who was extremely polite 
.He requested,"Sorry to bother u sir,I know it is lunch time.Actually I have 
to catch a flight,and I am already late,can u please deliver my photographs,as 
there is no one at the counter?" I immediately got his snaps
 produced in front of him,myself,as every one else was busy enjoying lunch.
                          Although that gentleman seemed to be in a great 
hurry,but was unable to resist himself in having a glance,at the pics.He was 
almost lost,in world of his own,with repeatedly looking at the same 
stills,again and again.He politely said,"Sir I must say that your printing is 
too good,the results have come out really well.Last time I got them printed 
from someone else,and I found it really difficult to face my girl friend.See 
this time, I can boast of            
 
 my photographic skills,to her." I could easily read,a rainbow of so many 
emotions,in his eyes.There was love,there was affection and there was joy 
spread all over his innocent face. He was so much engrossed in his own dream 
world that he remained unaware of the fact,that he was sharing,his personal 
moments with a stranger.                                              I found 
that the female in the shots was extremely beautiful 
and charming.They both,together looked like a perfect couple.Any one could tell 
that they both were madly in love with each other,by looking at those images.
                      The young man hurriedly made the payment,and rushed 
out.He again entered inside to shake hands with me and thanked me,"Sir...My 
self Anuj..I live nearby and I am leaving for Kashmir,right now,and will be 
returning back,in few months,to get married.I will be asking for your 
services,then...once again..as I am really impressed by your workmanship.Thanx 
again.I simply smiled at him thinking that some people are so catchy and 
adorable that one can easily smell the fragrance of goodness in them,even if we 
happen to meet them,for the very first time.One thing more,I was very much 
impressed by Anuj's soft and polite voice,as it sounded like Sachin 
Tendulkar's.(funny comparison, I agree)

              For the next full month,it appeared,the whole country,had only 
one agenda..........WORLD CUP.India lost to S..Africa,in the very first 
match,but,more disappointing was to lose to a weak team like Zimbabwe.Sachin 
missed the match aginst Zimbabwe,because of his father's death,and had to be 
called back to England to save the country from further disgrace.He scored a 
century,in the very first match on his return,and India won the next three 
matches,aginst Kenya,Sri Lanka and England,and finally landed in super 
six.Tendulkar became a national hero.Kids even started worshipping
him.He was visible in all the commercials.His pictures,appeared on the front 
page,of all the leading dailies.His status,is of a semi-god,in India.
                                       The next day,in the evening,when I was 
in the process of closing down my show-room,I received a call from my 
sister,ordering me to wait there for my Jiju,as some one known to him had 
passed away,and I was suppose to accompany him,to the bereaved family,in Janak 
Puri.My brother-in-law,showed me the address slip,on reaching.The place was 
very near,so we prefered to walk all the way,to avoid the parking problem.On 
reaching our destination,we found the house was surrounded by hundreds of 
people.There were many politicians,even ministers,who had come to console the 
Nayyar family.

I was surprised,that how come,I do not know such a V.I.P. family/person,living 
in my neighbourhood.Although it was very difficult to enter the house,but we 
managed,because there were so many familiar faces,all around.There was 
something different,about this place.The family members did not look like 
V.I.P.,in any way,in fact they were more or less like any other middle class 
family.The parents were sitting in the middle, the sorrow and pain of losing 
their only son was clearly visible.Next to the parents,was seated a very 
beautiful,charming,young lady,whose face seemed to be familiar too.Then 
suddenly 5-6 reporters,from different News channels,thronged into the room,with 
cameras and other broadcast equipments in their hands.They politely asked the 
father(of the deceased),to show them a recent photograph,of their son,who was 
no more.Mr.Nayyar silently pointed his finger towards a photograph,on
 the adjacent wall.All eyes,including mine,moved to have a glimpses of that 
photo.OH MY GOD!!! The boy in the frame,was no one else but ANUJ....in fact he 
was Capt.Anuj Nayyar,and beautiful,young lady,sitting along Anuj's parents was 
his fiancee.

In 1999, the Indian Army detected a massive infiltration by Pakistani 
paramilitary forces in Indian-administered Kashmir. The army quickly mobilized 
its forces to drive out the Pakistani infiltrators from Indian territory. Anuj, 
a  commander in the 17 Jat Regiment, was sent to Kargil, Jammu and Kashmir, to 
secure the region surrounding Tiger Hill from Pakistani militants.. Anuj's 
Charlie Company decided to secure the
 peak without waiting for any aerial support on . During the initial phase of 
assault, the Company Commander of Anuj's platoon was injured after which the 
command of the company fell on Captain Anuj Nayyar.Anuj's company located 4 
enemy bunkers and charged the first bunker. During the assault, Anuj fired a 
Rocket propelled grenade and destroyed the first bunker. The company then 
charged towards the remaining 3 bunkers during which they came under heavy 
mortar fire from Pakistani infiltrators. However, under Anuj's leadership, the 
company cleared two more bunkers and engaged in numerous hand-to-hand combat. 
It was while clearing the 4th bunker, that an enemy RPG shell
 fell directly on Anuj killing him on the spot. This scene was dramatically 
portrayed in the film LOC Kargil ,the  role of Anuj,played by Saif.During the 
assault, Captain Anuj Nayyar killed more than 9 Pakistani infiltrators and 
destroyed 3 to 4 enemy bunkers. Soon after Anuj's death, the second Charlie 
Company,  successfully cleared the 4th bunker . The success of this mission was 
largely due to the bravery and leadership skills of Captain Anuj Nayyar. The 
success of this mission paved the way for the Indian recapture of Tiger Hill.
                         IS ANUJ NOT A NATIONAL HERO ?
                       WHY IS HE
 FORGOTTEN?
                          IS HE ANY WAY LESS THAN BOLLYWOOD                     
                    OR        CRICKET STARS?
                  ARE WE NOT PROUD OF HIM ?
                        

Regards
Inder Pal





      


      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"EX,GHPS,1988,V.V" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/exghps1988v_v?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to