On 11/30/06 4:59 PM, "Coach-X" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The logging part is not that important.  I would like to eliminate the
> extra conditions.  I am having to create one for each client.
>
> Would it be more efficient to have one long condition, or many short
> conditions?

Are you talking about efficient use of your time (which moves inexorably
forward) or moving CPU cycles--which you've paid for--from active to idle?

My personal choice is to write stuff which I can understand, and which my
successor has a chance to understand.

(And I have a hard time remembering:  cycle-squeezing was necessary when I
started with computers, although it was mother*, not I, who had to worry
about optimizing storage locations on the IBM 650 drum.  I had to worry
about optimizing storage locations in the Librascope-General Precision
RPC-9000, where memory was magneto-strictive delay lines.)

*I got to watch her do it when she brought work home.

  --John